Wednesday, May 10, 2017


Well, I started my morning with a bang!!!

 

First of all, I got up this morning at 5am to pack for my trip.  I think I went way beyond my Spain trip in terms of “stuff.”  I had my small suitcase (the allowable size on the plane, if it weren’t filled to extreme capacity).  And, I had my large duffel bag.  I figured I’d put all my shoes in the duffel, but ended up filling it with all my electronics too.  I took that one to Florida when I went on the cruise with Melissa.  The duffel has a strap that hooks to each side and then you can sling it over your shoulder.  But, I didn’t notice that it was missing the strap until I was finished packing.  I had noooo idea where the strap was.  Now I was realizing what difficulty I was going to have rolling the suitcase and holding the duffel by the small hand-hold straps.  I closed my suitcase by sitting on it.  I could barely zip it.  If they unzip it at the airport, they will never rezip it again.  Ridiculous.  I think the reason for so much stuff was that I had already decided to check the baggage.  So, I added some liquids that I normally wouldn’t take. 

 

So, I considered calling car service, but at this late hour I was sure they wouldn’t have a car available.  Plus, I had no cash on me.  At 5:30 am I did see an available cab ride by my house (when I took the garbage out).  But, I wasn’t finished packing as yet.  I hoped that one would pass me by when I actually left.  But that would be pretty slim, as I never see any at that hour.

 

So, it’s time to leave.  I decided to sit the duffel on top of the suitcase.  First I passed the small hand-hold handles through the suitcase handle and then sat it on top.  To make things worse, it’s raining.  There’s no way I’ll be able to hold an umbrella too.  I got my ridiculous gold baseball cap.  Are you picturing all of this?

 

So, out I go on the outside of my door — struggling to get the suitcase and duffel out there.  My duffel swung around to the backside of the suitcase.  Crap‼  I fixed it, closed everything up, closed the gate, and crossed the street.  I took maybe 20 steps, if that much, when the duffel once again swung around to the backside of the suitcase.  This time it caused me to fall.  I almost hit my face on the concrete.  But, I think that my Ameribag (which is also nicely filled) perhaps saved me from injuring my face.  I stood up.  There was a young man who walked up- and wanted to do something for me, but what could he do?  My knuckles on my left hand were bleeding.  The blood was dripping down my hand.  My left knee was a big blob of blood and my right knee was also hurt, but not as bloody as the left knee.

 

I found a different way to carry the friggin duffel (under my arm with the strap on my shoulder — ouch).  I somehow struggled to the subway (didn’t see a cab) and pulled it down the stairs.  The subway had some space in it.  THANK GOD‼!  And I was standing for the entire trip.  After about 5 stops, a little asian girl who was standing next to me leaned over and handed me two bandaides. 

 

So, I’m here.  My stockings are all torn at the knees.  Luckily the color is nude, so it’s not so apparent.  Although I had to launder the stockings to get all the blood off.

 

So, that’s my morning.  How can it go downhill from there???

 

If I weren’t such a Kani Bosoorah, I would have ordered a car and been sure to have cash on me.  L

 

Conchi

No comments:

Post a Comment