Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Conchi Finds a Treasure

Well, here is a text-based message to both my children.  Their responses to my texts are funny in themselves:

Me: So, my obsessive nature has really made me feel good for a change. 1:55 PM
Me: if ur too busy to receive these, stop me now. 1:55 PM 
Trevor: Yaaaayyyy!!!! 1:55 PM  
Me: So, ystrdy after jazz rehearsal & going into Bklyn subway, I saw a small wallet on the steps. 1:58 PM
Me: I picked it up & rifled thru it. All sorts of cards: debit crd, driver's license, med card, prescrptn card, library card, several store reward cards, $60, mta crds (2 of them). 1:59 PM 
Trevor: Hmmmm 2:00 PM  
Me: I brought it home w/me & got on the phone w/ Bk of America. they kept me waiting about 25 minutes. Uggh!! I don't even call my own credit card cuz I hate holding on the phone so much. 2:00 PM
Melissa Hochman Papke: I'm heading to pick up lunch, this will be my lunch time entertainment. Text away! 2:01 PM
Me: finally someone answers & I stop her from her Qs & tell her, I found a wallet. She puts me on hold b4 even getting info on who's. 2:01 PM
Me: So "finally" we go thru all the info & I ask if she can call Joshua & tell him that I found his wallet & I'll give her my e-mail so that I can give all back to him. 2:02 PM
Me: she says she's not allowed to do that but she will put a block on his card & I shud destroy it. I ask, "but can't u let him know that I have all his cards so he'll not have to replace all?" she says, "no". Ass fresco. 2:03 PM
Me: So, I have dinner at Uno's & then do insane research on google for Josuah. Doesn't seem he's on FB, & his driver's license has a Wichita address. 2:04 PM
Me: I finally have a PO box in Boro Hall area (where I found wallet). 2:04 PM 
Trevor: …mmmm 2:05 PM  
Melissa Hochman Papke: So intriguing. And time consuming for you. Good samaritan that u r. 2:05 PM
Me: Today I sent a letter to the PO box. Then I googled his Wichita address. found a tel. #. I called & left a msg, "saying, if ur Joshua's 2:05 PM
Me: family, I found his wallet & trying to get it back to him." left my work no. 2:06 PM
Melissa Hochman Papke: You're gonna be on the news. This is better than the dog found abandoned by the side of the road 2:06 PM
Me: Joshua called me soon after. He's coming to the west coast swing social tonight to pick up his stuff. Ghee!!! Ghee!!! He asked, "how did you ever get the contact info for me???" 2:07 PM
Melissa Hochman Papke: And what did you say? His debt of gratitude is going to be considerable 2:09 PM
Me: Exactly!!! :) 3:11 PM
Me: He's so grateful that's he's going to pick his wallet up right at 5:30, instead of coming to my dance social. somehow I don't think I'm going to get a considerable reward. Ha, ha. But, just my success in finding him is my reward. 3:29 PM
Me: ha, ha. I'm laughing at ur earlier comments. What dog by the side of the road??? :) I'm telling u, this type of stuff is good for my excess nervous energy. 3:32 PM
Me: It reminds me of the guy who found your purse, tracked u down, and stapled all your papers together neatly. I don't know how much research he did in order to find you. 3:41 PM
Melissa Hochman Papke: So how did the wallet hand off go? Lots of bowing and hats off? 11:29 PM
Melissa Hochman Papke: Do you have a new boyfriend? 11:29 PM
Me: Ha, ha, ha. Melissa u r so funny (she asked me if I have a new boyfriend, Trevor). Well, yes, lots of bowing went on. 12:07 AM
Me: Of course, he was waiting for me for close to 20 minutes in the wrong bldg lobby. I went up to my office to phone 2x to find out where he was. 12:08 AM
Me: But, we finally did connect and I handed over his wallet and all the cards, $$. He said he wanted to treat me and invited me and a friend to his restaurant. I asked where his restaurant was & he said he had three. ?? I looked it up, but don't see his name as the owner. ??? Anyway, that was nice. 12:10 AM
Me: Anyway, then I went to rehearsal, and later to Taj Majal for wcs dancing. They had some pre net-working social and there were all sorts of non dancers standing, talking, drinking right in the middle of the dance floor. Phsaw!!! Anyway, off to bed. 12:11 AM
Me: Oh, I have a new fan. One of our alto2s. She ran over and gave me a big hug and said that she just loves my fractured e-mails and loved the one about getting stuck in the train door, and then my ridiculous pants. She wants my blog site. Some people enjoy my drivel. :) xoxoxox 12:12 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment