Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Well, Squash Me Like a Bug, Why Don'cha?

Well, I'm sitting on the R train in the two-seater that faces forward and have bags (of course) at my feet. I have the remainder of my Christmas presents that I was unable to carry all at once and my brand new Body Back Buddy, which was sticking way out of my bag. I'm reading from my Kindle. Everything is fine until a young guy sitting right in front of me on the three-seater that faces the center of the train decided to be chivalrous to the young woman who sat to his right. He must have shifted his butt to his left in order to wipe the seat down for her. The next minute he literally fell on my knee. For a moment I thought he was going to completely fall in my lap. Did he say a word to me? Naw!!!! It was as if it hadn't happened. He continued to clean the spot for Miss Lovely. Miss Lovely did notice what had happened and said (to him; not to me), "Oh, look what I made you do!!! You're so sweet." He continued with his Macbeth complex until there was nearly a whole in plastic seat. Only then did he slide into his entire seat and relax.

What's wrong with people? Does it mean that even, when you're trying to impress someone of the opposite sex, that you have to be totally clueless as to the fact that you might have (or did) hurt them when you fell on them?

No comments:

Post a Comment